Training sessions are currently paused in accordance with Government guidelines.
To comply with government and Swim England advice and in accordance with Mountbatten requirements we will be running training sessions with a number of restrictions in place.
With relaxed restrictions on group sport in place from July 19 we will resume normal training.
We will be using My Matches or allocating limited training slots on a first come first served basis. If you attend training on a Thursday you must wait until 8pm Sunday before booking for the following Thursday. This gives priorty to those who didn’t attend who can book from Friday morning for the following Thursday.
We will phase out the use of [My Matches] as there will no longer be limited training slots – but continue to use it for a period to register attendance.
Importantly, it is still the case that by requesting/attending training you are confirming:
- you are in good health and will NOT attend if you have ANY Covid-19 symptoms or are unwell in any way;
- you understand there are risks of exposure to Covid-19 by participating in group activities such as training and you assume those risks yourself (or as parent/guardian, on behalf of a member aged under 18);
- you have read and will comply with the protocols set out further below.
Specifically, you may NOT attend training if any of the following apply:
- You have had a new continuous cough/ high temperature/ shortness of breath/ loss or change to your sense of smell or taste in the 48 hours preceeding training.
- Someone where you live has the above symptoms.
- You have been diagnosed with COVID 19 in the last two weeks or been in contact with someone who has.
Entry, exit and pooside protocols are set by Mountbatten – keep a look out for email and WhatsApp updates. Until updated you may enter and go poolside ahead of your session (ready to get in at your session start time) and follow any instrcutions given. Please come prepared to change poolside and wear masks walking inside.
- Wash your hands before leaving home.
- Toilets may be used at the pool if essential but please minimise any potential need.
- There will be no access to changing areas or lockers – arrive ready to get changed poolside.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the session and wait in your car.
- When you see our Covid-rep, sanitise your hands, join them, and follow their instructions.
- Members will access the pool via the main reception, keeping to the right hand side as you walk in.
- Masks are required on entry until you are poolside; and when leaving poolside till you exit the centre.
- On entry go directly to poolside and spread out – there will be allocated areas to leave bags, towels and clothes.
- Follow instructions poolside and in the water regarding training activities and restricted use of equipment – including:
- don’t touch any equipment till you’re told
- remain with your allocated group
- don’t touch the ball of another group
- Members may use the two showers located by Pool B prior to entering the pool.
- Maintain two meter distancing between all members at all times – from waiting outside, through entry, being poolside, in the pool, and afterwards till you leave again.
- If you feel unwell during a session, notify the coach immediately and follow their instructions.
- Once the session is finished, get dressed on poolside (or put on a dressing gown) without delay (= no showering) then exit as instructed by club rep – currently via the back stairwell and along the spectators area.